April 15, 2018

Life's entries


      For a surprise Christmas gift this year, Shawn got the idea to make me a journal. Ever since I graduated high school, I've been pretty diligent at keeping one. I don't write everyday, but I've filled 6 so far, and it's pretty neat to be able to look back over all the changes and adventures of these past years. 
       Shawn kept it a secret until Christmas, but he didn't have it finished yet, so I got to see the last stages of him putting it together. He made it with walnut, which is one of my favorite kinds of wood, and it has some pretty amazing grain pattern and curl in it.






       While we're on the subject of beautiful walnut wood, here's another little project Shawn did for our apartment- a napkin holder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post